Monday, April 19, 2010

Introduction

"The road goes on forever, and the party never ends."

If there was ever a quote that could describe me, this quote by Robert Earl Keen comes closest. My name is Jeff Benavides, born and raised in the Lone Star State. As a connoisseur for discovery and adventure, I have set out to find my ultimate road trip where I will interact with close friends mine and build camaraderie. After careful consideration and endless brainstorming, I have carefully concocted a road trip that will prove to be memorable for myself as well as the other travelers.
My trip takes me from my current hometown of Austin, Texas and ends in Augusta, Georgia with stops in New Orleans, Louisiana and Oxford, Mississippi. The ultimate end goal is to play a round of golf at the Augusta National Golf Course with a few friends of mine. However, as the quote above explains, my buddies and I plan on enjoying the road trip by engaging in random debauchery and exploring all the entertaining activities that Oxford and New Orleans possess.


2 comments:

  1. Even though you said it was cheesy, I really like the Robert Earl Keen quote. It sets the tone of your road trip and really seems to sum up your definition of a roadtrip. You might even consider uploading that song in addition to your Willie Nelson song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you want to get in touch with your southern roots by taken a road trip through the South. I think it will definitely be a great way for you and your friends to spend quality time together before you guys go to law/graduate school.

    ReplyDelete